Sunday, August 2, 2009

The Permanant Blowdry

Frizzy, dry and temperamental: three words that best describe my hair. It’s as unpredictable as the Irish weather. On the rare occasion it falls into Farrah Fawcett waves, but more often than not it springs into a curly mess. Of course hair straighteners have been a recent blessing to those of us with unruly hair. But since I am not into the poker straight look nor have the time to blow dry a slick style every morning; I had resorted to a permanent frustration with my untamed mane. That is until I heard about the permanent blow dry.

At first it sounded too good to be true, that this simple process could transform my highlighted hair into perfect strands, lasting three to four months no matter how many times I washed it. The revolutionary treatment – pioneered by Gil Conclaves at London hair salon Daniel Hersheson’s – is already a favourite of many celebrities including Gisele Bundchen. If it’s good enough for gorgeous Gisele, I needed no further convincing.

For such dramatic results, the treatment itself is relatively fast and pleasant. Taking under two hours it starts with a deep cleansing shampoo followed by a quick blow-dry. Then it’s time for the crucial magic potion. A sweet scented lotion is generously applied to the hair and blow-dried in before being sealed in with straighteners. Unlike other treatments of its kind natural ingredients are used to protect the hair from breakage. Apparently the more damaged and coloured your hair, the better the results. (For once my hair had the upper hand on girls blessed with glossy dark locks). Aside from the strong smelling lotion, my hair had an obvious shine, if a bit too much static, immediately after the treatment. The sceptic in me was not fully convinced of its success rate until a few days later. For the best results you must not wash your hair for three days, not tie hair up or get caught in the rain. After that you can wash it as normal and leave it to dry naturally.

For a guarantee of good results I left my hair for five days before washing it. Never have I been so eager to watch my hair dry naturally. Gobsmacked with the outcome, I still can’t quite believe my hair dries perfectly after every wash. Having frizzy hair from my teenage years, water has always been my nemesis. Now I almost sing in the rain, safe in the knowledge my hair is literally a frizz-free zone. I have also tested my hair out in the intense African heat, with impressive results. A month since the blow dry and it still works in rain, hail or shine. Although this particular blow dry requires a visit to London, it’s worth every penny of the £200 price tag. It is a life-changing treatment for someone who wants time salon hair every day, with zilch effort.

To make an appointment at Daniel Hersheson’s located in Harvey Nichols, Knightsbridge call 00442072018797 or visit www.danielhersheson.com

No comments:

Post a Comment